Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Study Notes

- Option Routes I recently found a video on Youtube by DjWill on Option Routes, If you're anything like me and didn't use them at all the following information will change your whole outlook on the routes. Option routes give your WR a chance to read the coverage and find holes in the defense. Best ran against a zone defense, they were a staple of the Run N' Shoot offense and have branched out to other offense.

I remember reading somewhere that either Tiger Ellison or Mouse Davis came up with the concept while watching some kids playing a game of football in the backyard. And while playing the game you kinda have to treat the route as such.

Most option routes are built with 2 or 3 options. All should be able to defeat Cover 0/1/2/3 and some times Cover 4. Throwing to the option route can be dangerous if you dont know what direction the route is going and when the break will be made. Which is why it's important to have a knowledge of all the options the WR has. It's also imperative to have WRs with high AWR at least in the mid to high 80's. This will give them a better chance to make the correct reads and decision and get in the holes between zones.

(Blogger is kicking my butt and not letting me add the video here so...)
video linkage

- Basic Theory for Pass Defense Rhombic is definitely on it in this post for over on the Utopia boards. Who mathematically breaks down the theory of Pass defense with graphs? RHOMBIC! Great read, definitely worth checking out.

- BROPHY I've been reading some old post from Brophy as of late, And maybe I shouldn't do this, cause it makes me want more from EA development team. But he breaks down Saban's Defense in 3 post and also breaksdown concepts that would definately make you a better play caller on defense such as AFC Automatic Front Check and Formation Matching which have really became a HUGE part of my defensive play calling and has made me change my audible several times as of late.

Definately good reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment